Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Live like you are dying, because you are ( for Dave )

Before departing on this journey, over a bottle...or two of wine....my sister suggested I write a book about this adventure. I thought this was a great idea. I would title it....Live like you are dying, because you are. She suggested I change the title to, Live like are dying, dumb ass, because you are.....since most of us are asses, taking each day for granted, spending far too much time worrying about crap that really doesn't matter, and we create far too much drama and not enough love in our lives. Her and I included. After my brief encounter with the end of the line over a year ago now, I can remember only thinking about my family and close friends. I was completely shocked that I could die. Really? This is it? You must be joking.....were the thoughts in my head. That night I realized it is the connections we make on this journey that matter the most. It is not the money we have or house we live in or the clothing we wear....but each other.

A friend who I have lost contact with e mailed me today with some sad news about a mutual friend whom passed away. We shared many meals and had many laughs together, a long time ago. What happens to connections we make, but loose? Why do some friendships last, and some drift away? When you hear of someone dying, there are lots of I wish I would have, could have, etc. etc. etc. There is that old saying......the only things you will regret are the things you didn't do. I would like to add to that.....the only thing you will regret is not loving more, or letting yourself be loved more.The only thing you will regret is not taking more chances. In other words, live like you are dying.....because my friend.......you are. We all are. So with that in mind, how are you going to live? What are your dreams, and why the hell are you not making them a reality? Write it down, share it with me if you would like. While I am no expert, and a complete work in progress myself, I am living my dream. And I know you can too.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment