Wednesday, October 13, 2010

11 more days until we leave U.S. waters

But who is counting? Well, I for one am. As much as I have grown to love this city these past two weeks, I have come to realize that I am happiest with the wind in my hair and sails. Jack and I have taken a break from the Calvert school plan this week, and have taken our learning into the Museum. San Diego has more Museums then people. We purchased the 7 day 14 Museum pass, and have been filling our days with history, science and art - HANDS ON. I must say - it has been fun. A pause here to give a shout out to all of you who e-mailed me and sent your love over the last blog post. Worry not, I am fine. It has been my experience that the hardest things, have been the most worth doing in my life. This trip will fall into that bracket I have a feeling. It is not always easy, but the sweet moments that are witnessed on an adventure like this, make it all worth it. Patrick has been spending his days prepping the boat for our two year passage. From new rigging, to shopping for all the extra parts and pieces should something fail, like....the water maker.( converts salt water to fresh) My biggest fear. One thing we can not live with out - fresh water. We hear that parts are hard to find once we leave the U.S.. So he is crossing all the T's and dotting all the I's so we can be as prepared as we can be. This coming weekend, our boys Alex and Blake are coming for a visit. We are looking forward to showing them the sights we have discovered, as well as taking them through the HAUNTED BALBOA PARK.....Jack is beyond excited about their eminent arrival. Last weekend, my Student and friend Brian payed us a visit along with his son Matt. It was so good to see a familiar face, one that I have missed seeing. We have not connected with anyone here in San Diego yet. That will change soon. There are almost 200 boats leaving San Diego with us on the 25th ( the Baja Ha-Ha) Not sure where they all are, but this is a big place. There is a gathering - costume party - on the 24th, so a meet and greet will take place then. Our crew will arrive on the 22nd - Patricks sister Maureen and her husband Steve are coming with us to Cabo San Lucas. Steve plans to stay on and help us cross the Sea of Cortez. I am really looking forward to having them here with us. So things are good. Life is good. It is what we make it to be after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment