Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bali Indonesia.....Here we come

I am blogging this from the airport in Seoul Korea. We are half way to our destination in Bali, with a ......13 hour........(painful) lay over. We can't leave the air port, so we are keeping amused with fantastic people watching, catching up on e-mails, and will even break out some school books to pass the time......yes thats right.....my teacher hat is back on for the duration of this trip to keep my boy amused. Although traveling to Bali itself with be an education, for all of us.

Our return to life on land has been a basket of mixed emotions. It was so good to walk into my home and yoga studio after nearly a year at sea. Seeing family, friends and neighbors, and feeling their embrace was, at times overwhelming. I realized how much I really really like my life, and how blessed I am to know so many wonderful people. In addition to the people.....the food....the abundance...the ease of it all...... there really is no place like home. I even teared up as I walked into Whole Foods Market! I didn't go so far as kissing the Kale, or hugging the Pea Sprouts, but I did want to! The colors and smells were intoxicating. I could have spent all day in the produce section, just marveling at the choices. By day 7, I was fine with the idea of never stepping one foot on a boat of any kind ever again.

And then.........

On our last day home, we drove up to Santa Barbara with all of our boys. Seeing the Channel Islands off in the distance made my heart skip a beat. There is something about the ocean that pulls me to her very edge, and I can not imagine a life without her in some capacity. Did I really live on a boat and sail to the very end of Mexico? It all seems like a dream......but the change that has taken place within myself feels very real and tangible. I can only describe it as a clarity, an awareness, which, can be a double edged sword at times. Seeing things as there are, and not as I would like them to be is not easy.

Stepping off the crazy treadmill of life for a year has been a powerful experience. Living so close to nature, being in tune with the ocean and her waves that have washed and cleared so many things that have kept me blind to what is, has truly been a gift. I can only hope that I continue to live and breath from this place of clarity......and strength.

Our trip to Indonesia holds more lessons, which I am ready to receive and embrace, what ever they may be. I completely trust in the flow and process of life in this moment. And in two months, when this journey is over, home sweet home, I will happily go.




3 comments:

  1. Love the update....go and enjoy these two months and just.....be!

    With thoughts and xoxoxo to you....N.E.Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tammy
    Thanks for the blog. I can only imagine how interesting the airport must have been. My nephew lives there and has lots of stories!
    Absorb as much as you can while in Bali so that you can communicate everything you have learned to us when you get back. Looking forward to having you back in my life again. Hugs to all!

    XOXOXO,
    Jackie

    Hope the rest of your flight was event free :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammy, I hope you're having a wonderful time in Bali! Looking forward to catching up with you when you return this Fall. :)

    Bridget

    ReplyDelete